Monday 4 June 2012

DIY | Studded Denim Vest



Today I am going to show you a little DIY, I sort of have an obsession with DIY projects they don't always turn out as well as I hope but the intention, motivation and creativity is always there.

It was your average Saturday afternoon chilling at home watching Youtube Videos haha Oh the life I lead, I was inspired to clean out my wardrobe after watching a video and found a denim vest I had bought a little while ago for a festival, after throwing it into the "MAYBE" pile and then trying it on over and over again I decided it was a keeper I just need to "Jazz" it up a little somehow.....

So the Artist in me decided to pull out my craft box and see what I could do, I had seen a picture somewhere of a denim vest with a cross on the back of it done with studs so I though I would give that a go but as I was laying the studs out on the back of the vest it just wasn't looking right and considering its winter here in Australia I thought it would be pointless so I decided to stud the front.

As you can see from the picture I only did a little bit nothing too fancy but I LOVE how it turned out, Im actually so happy with it. I only ended up studding the collar and a bit on the pocket

I paired it with leather legging, an oversized cardy and some ankle boots. WINNER

Overall it cost me about $8, $5 for the vest and $3 for the studs (eBay)

Here are some pictures of before and after

Enjoy!

Before


After




2 comments:

  1. loooove it!!! your ideas make me jelly... i never think of things like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to get you to make my whole wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete